Conditions of Membership
1. Murrumbateman Adult Riding Club (MARC) is affiliated with Equestrian Australia (EA). MARC has Public Liability Insurance through EA, this does not cover members for Personal Accident Insurance. This is available to riders by joining EA. Insurance policy details are available on the EA website.
2. MARC activities are conducted under the EA Rules and Regulations, with modifications as necessary for training and low level activities, whilst maintaining their intent. Members should be familiar with all EA Rules, Regulations and Policies which are available on the EA website.
3. Participation in MARC activities is restricted to financial members of MARC & EA members. Membership is open to adults only, 18 years and over. Training Days are open to adults only.
4. Safety of horses and riders is a high priority in all MARC activities. Members should not ride in a manner which will endanger themselves or others.
5. The welfare of the horse is a primary consideration at all MARC activities.
6. Riders must wear a current EA approved helmet at all times whilst mounted. We recommend wearing helmets at all times when handling horses.
7. Riding boots or other suitable footwear with a smooth sole and well defined heel must be worn, with an appropriate width stirrup iron. Or, caged stirrups may be used.
8. Suitable riding attire should be worn. This includes full length pants or jodhpurs and a sleeved shirt.
9. Members should protect themselves from over exposure to the sun.
10. All tack must be in good repair, correctly fitted for the horse and rider, and suitable for the activity being undertaken.
11. Members must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs prohibited by law during an activity day.
12. If an instructor or official assesses a horse or the rider as unfit to continue an activity, the rider must dismount immediately and not participate mounted for the rest of the day.
13. Pregnant riders should be aware of the benefits and risks associated with riding in this condition and must obtain and act upon professional medical advice regarding their fitness to continue participating in equine activities.
14. Stallions are not permitted to participate in MARC training or competition days.
15. MARC reserves the right to ask members to remove a horse which is being disruptive or is insufficiently under control.
16. Dogs must be restrained and under control at all times.
17. Parents and carers must ensure children in their care are supervised and kept a safe distance from horses, vehicles and equipment.
18. Members are encouraged to use the available horse yards. If horses are tied to floats it must be done securely and at a safe distance so that they cannot kick other horses or damage property.
19. The float parking area is on the south side of the horse yards.
20. The committee reserves the right to refuse participation in club activities to members in breach of the MARC Conditions of Membership, MARC Code of Conduct or agreed Risk Management Policy and Plans.